Sunday, 6 July 2014

Some Edith Nesbit time

Seeing as the weather was drier this morning, Lillie and I took a stroll to one of our local haunts - Well Hall Pleasaunce to clear away the cobwebs and re-energise ourselves. Any fans of the author Edith Nesbit will know she resided at Well Hall Pleasaunce http://www.edithnesbit.co.uk/wellhall.php


The Moat


We threw in a coin each and made our wishes


Lillie, meet the Lillie's!


Lillies are everywhere!


Lillie in the background


There you are!


Lillie's most favourite childhood spot here in the grounds! We have pics of Lillie right here throughout the years :-)


Bowling Green in the background


A famous children's author sat here!


The 3 sculptures unveiled by Dame Jaqueline Wilson (creator of Tracy Beaker) were indeed characters in Edith Nesbit's children's story books


The Dragon - should have got closer!


Psammead - granted wishes, but one had to be careful what to wish for!


The Phoenix - also granted wishes!

Lillie and I have been coming to Well Hall Pleasaunce for years and we so love our visits. I spent many a summer's day in the grounds as a teenager with my friends. So, it's a place that is part of my home and one that means the world to me and indeed many of my family and friends. I hope to one day share many happy times here with my future grandchildren...

No comments:

Post a Comment