This evening Lillie and some seniors from Girls' Brigade took a trip to http://www.worldofgolf.co.uk/golf-centres/sidcup/ for a round of Adventure Golf on the Lost Island Encounter. The girls split up in to teams. Lillie came 1st for her team plus achieved 2 x holes in one!
The GB Captain also brought Lillie home, which was very much appreciated. It saved me the time to get the bus up to the GB hall, to pick up Lillie. Not that I mind doing so, but it's always nice when offered. And the offers always seem to come when it's needed. Don't some things work in such a mysterious and wonderful way?
Since Lillie returned home, she has expressed such an enthusiasm for golf. I've actually since looked on their website to see what else they offer to kids. Well, they certainly offer lessons to juniors in groups as well as individual. The cost is not overly expensive for 6 x 1 hourly lessons. Definitely not a cost to complain about IMO. So, a little more looking at the site tomorrow to see if there appears to be a waiting list (I am expecting there will be one!) Booking is required so who knows, I may be booking a 6 week course for Lillie in due course. She is certainly keen. No need to buy a 7 iron either as a club is provided.
So, watch this space for any teeing off...

No comments:
Post a Comment