Monday, 21 January 2013

Gimme more hours in my day sometimes, please!!

Hectic, hectic, hectic! But, rest will follow hard work. I hope... Yesterday was a busy start - several household jobs completed, two laundry loads washed and dried, a homemade curry enjoyed, photographs snapped, a guitar almost tuned, a guitar string broken, face-timing happened, an early night got and snow fell.

 
 
Half hour later
 
An hour  later
 
Within two hours
 
Today began at 05:30 for me and 06:00 for Lillie. Oyster card eventually topped up but didn't hold us back timewise thankfully!! Lillie safely dropped off at Lina's and I headed off to work. Still waiting for my bus a half hour later... then another ten minutes went by before I decided to opt for a different route, only for my original route's bus to pass me by! Made it to my destination three quarters of an hour later than usual, with a soaked right sock and trainer from stepping into a disguised puddle, yet smiling from relief of making it to my first client. The fun and games continued with travelling - result = job done , happy clients, happy me, happy end to the morning/early afternoon. Then I missed a bus to Lina's, but not a problem. Got there and headed home. Forgot the milk, so my lovely friend next door helped me out to avoid staying in my still soaked sock. Not that it mattered by this point cos my foot was frozen and on the verge of snapping off!!

Lillie and I settled down to work more on her poetry project, we also worked on fractions. Lillie was introduced to fractions a little while back and enjoyed another ten minutes today. Then we played Hangman, which Louis joined in with. Lillie really had us stuck on one word - though Louis got it in the end. We didn't follow the 'norm' for this word with stating letters. We chose words instead as it was only 3 letters long. Our only clue was 'it' was in the room! The word was 'box'... caused a little laugh and a High 5 with Lillie who wore her smug face and rightly so!!

Dinner was prepared and some ironing done while the oven and hob was doing 'their thing'! Once dinner was over with and pots washed, I had to let the kids know some quiet time had to be top of the next agenda. Study time for moi - with another assignment looming - 4 weeks in fact - I had to hit the books. Though, that didn't actually occur so to speak. More so, reading the essay question, student notes and engaging on the OU forum regarding this one. Sociology is a tough module. At Level 3 too! No easy feat that's for sure. So many theories, theorists, ideas and reaching your own conclusions. Makes your head spin, but oh it feels so good when that, "Oh shit, what have I taken on?" turns into, "Oh yeah, another one submitted!" Anyway, another job to tick off the list when I publish this post - cuppa and pick up novel time before that Zed Fairy takes me off to find my Zzzzzs - can't wait cos this Mumma has not stopped functioning in work mode since 05:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment