Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Just need to make a cuppa first...

... That's better! I love a cuppa when I'm writing a post or immediately after, or both! So, back to this posting - Lillie has had another productive day. She started writing about her trip to Whitehall, Woolwich and back to Whitehall again, while at Dee's today and also wrote Elsie a letter. She worked on editing her account of last Tuesday's trip when she got home. I sat with her while she did this. I also offered her some suggestions regarding changing certain words which makes writing varied. She's really getting to grips with this and her use of punctuation is constantly improving. Her knowledge of where to place a specific character, such as an exclamation mark is becoming instinctive too. She also knows that using such a character isn't really appropriate where formal writing is concerned, such as an essay. Not that she is covering such an activity as yet. But, it's useful to discuss this as she goes along. She's also having fun exploring different fonts with writing up her final piece.

Lillie has given me permission to share her work covered today!

 
Lillie's letter to Elsie

 
First draft of her day out to two places of interest
 
 
Lillie's final draft below using a different font from Microsoft Word
 
Whitehall, Royal Artillery Museum and Whitehall once more!!

 

On Tuesday 14th May 2013 Mum and I went to the Banqueting House in Whitehall, opposite Horse Guards Parade. We went by bus and it took us a really long time to get there. First, mum took a picture of me standing with a horse and guard and then we went to the Banqueting House.

We watched a program about the Banqueting House. It also spoke about Charles I. We then went upstairs and there was this beautiful room of a painted ceiling. Next mum and I went to the gift shop to buy a souvenir. We then left and it was raining heavily. But, that did not stop us from seeing Number 10, Downing Street!

We ate lunch on the bus, on the way to Woolwich. We went to The Royal Artillery Museum. I got the rare chance to hold a Victoria Cross Medal. Then I had the rare opportunity to sit on a World War I Gun. I also held a World War I Mini Rocket.

Mum accidently cleared ALL the pictures of our trip to Whitehall, from the camera!! So, after leaving The Royal Artillery Museum, we went ALL the way back to Whitehall, to take more pictures of Horse Guards Parade and some extra pictures that we found hilarious!

We were very pleased to get back home…

 

                                              ..THE END..

My first day back at work was a lovely one - I had a good catch up chat with all my clients. I gave Elsie her Birthday gift and card, which she loved. I also showed her the photos I took at her Party yesterday, which she enjoyed seeing.

When I arrived at another client's, a work colleague had left me a gardening special from a Sunday Newspaper to take home to read. She knows Lillie and I have recently took over our allotment, so she'd saved me this...

 
I love Carol Klein

 
Thanks Pat...

I shall leave Pat a thank you message on Friday as she is my client's regular weekend Carer. We've never actually met face to face but we hear a lot about each other from the same regular client we have. With this job, you get to know other Carers without necessarily meeting in person. Pat and I even exchange Christmas and Easter cards. And I know when we do inevitably meet face to face someday, it will be nice. There are also other Carers who meet face to face and get on immediately. This has also happened to me - I can think of one in particular I've enjoyed working with and haven't seen for some time. So, when our paths cross again, there will be a good catch up chat going on!

Tomorrow will be here soon and Lillie will be working on Roman Numerals and Negative Numbers while at Dee's. I've already gone through some of it with her which she enjoyed. Lillie loves maths. Then again she loves many other activities that can be pigeon-holed in to 'subjects' so to speak. We're also going to do a few fire drills this week to go with her Health, Safety ad Fire Safety project. That should be fun yet very educational as well as being good life skills to know.

But, for now it's time to end this post and get some reading time in - I'm currently reading Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally. I've never seen the movie with Liam Neeson, but kinda know the plot of the story. I've had the book for over 15 years and have never read it. So, quite recently after having a couple of weeks break from reading 4 books back to back, this latest book in a way wanted to be read! I hope that makes sense to readers of this blog, but it's true some books do actually choose the reader from time to time!

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog. Fabulous and funny to. Have enjoyed reading. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris :) Drop by anytime.

    ReplyDelete