Thursday, 16 May 2013

Literacy Time...

As mentioned in a previous posting, Lillie visited Mudchute Park and Farm recently, with her child-minder Dee - http://mudchute.org/

Lillie took photos, which she gave permission for me to upload on to this Blog. She has now written an account about her visit, which she has also said is okay to share here. She originally wrote it on paper and has since edited it on her laptop. I've included both pieces in this posting.

 
It's not very clear as Lillie wrote her first draft in pencil.


However, after checking her spellings, grammar and punctuation, below is her typed, final piece using Microsoft Word. Well done Lillie on a great account.


Tuesday the 7th of May 2013 TIME 9:02am

 

Today Dee and I went to Mudchute Farm and Park. We got the 386 bus and we got off at the Cutty Sark. I took pictures of the Cutty Sark and some other boats too. We both went on the DLR, it was fast.

It was hot that day. I had to put sun block on. I asked Dee, “Dee, can I buy some ice-cream with my £5 please? ’’

Dee replied, “of course you can, Lillie. ’’

“Thank you,’’ I said, with a smile.

Dee said, “you’re welcome, Lillie.’’ So, I got an ice-cream.

The animals we saw were Llamas, Alpacas, Donkeys, Goats, Turkeys, Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Sheep and Horses. I took lots and lots of pictures. We went through the woods after and I went up some very, very, very, very, steep stairs! Dee went up a very, very, very, very, very, very, steep slope. She was pushing the buggy, with Chinechem in it, at the same time!

Dee got to the top and we took a pathway that led us back to the sheep. We headed for the park and came back home on the DLR, then the 386 bus. The End!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment