Friday, Lillie went to have lunch at Nando's with Dee and was picked up by her Dad just before 2pm. So, I didn't have to collect her after work which felt strange. Lillie didn't stay at her Dad's Friday and Saturday night as a move of house occurred Saturday daytime. So, Lillie enjoyed spending some time with her Nan who lives in Leysdown. They went to the beach - Lillie dipped her toes in the sand and sea and enjoyed visiting the Amusement Arcades - she likes the drop zone machines. (I hope I can say drop zone, as it's a popular afternoon tv program - not that Lillie and I watch it on a regular basis). They also watched some movies together and Lillie saw hailstones as well as some sunshine. She came home with some sparkly bracelets her Nan gave her. They look so pretty separately or all together to make a wider band.
Lillie sent me this photo via email. Oh, and wearing her Nan's reading glasses!
Lillie likes her Dad's new house and is already looking forward to her next weekend away there. She missed her usual stay time with her Dad, Step-Mum and 3 siblings even though she had seen her Nan and went to a birthday party yesterday. I've told her the time will fly by before she is there again. To take her mind off from missing her loved ones, we went to our local field for a kick-about and to use the outside gym equipment. It was all quite a giggle or three and Lillie returned home feeling much better and ready for her dinner.
We also had a catch up chat about all I had got up to with Lottie over the weekend, before we left for 'playing out' - Lillie loved the pics on the allotment blog
http://gettingtoknowlottie.blogspot.co.uk/
Dinner this evening was yum - Smoked Haddock and spring onion fish cakes, buttered potatoes and sweetcorn followed by this...
Mumma's Pineapple Sunshine Sponge Cake (The sponge is a shop bought flan!)
Happy chick
My second slice!
Lillie had this to drink with dinner...
Orange and Grapefruit juice with fresh pineapple on the side and topped with small mint leaves
It certainly has been a lovely start to my week off - I got through several jobs before Lillie arrived home - ironing done, a fast paced walk to high street (good training for the Race for Life event in 7 weeks and 6 days!), grocery shopping got, bills paid, front garden mowed, dinner and dessert prepared, hovering accomplished and table laid for dinner. All by 1pm. I'm feeling the tiredness now, especially after spending the weekend on our allotment too! All fun though and creates a very peaceful sleep.
Talking of sleep - Lillie is tucked up in bed now and I shall be doing the same shortly - we are going to need a good sleep. We have planned to visit Banqueting House in Whitehall tomorrow http://www.hrp.org.uk/BanquetingHouse/ We may even be able to fit in seeing Westminster Abbey if time allows for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment