The start to our day was very different to yesterday in regards to any feelings of anxiety on my part. I felt completely relaxed this morning. Lillie looked forward to arriving at Dee's and had another day of fun. A trip to a different park, origami, spag-bol for lunch, literacy completed and time spent on the computer. I've also given Dee this blog link and hope she enjoys reading some of the posts I've written about our alternative lifestyle that doesn't include school, plus life's ups and downs, achievements and set backs.
Talking of school, Lillie and I had a discussion about Grammar School last Monday and what it means to get in to one. I've noticed Lillie doesn't even mention the possibility of it all without my prompting. Knowing Lillie so well, if she is interested in something, enjoys something or is keen to do something she will constantly talk about it. To me this is confirmation she is happy. However, discussing school is not a subject she will initiate, however, she often speaks about wanting to stay Home Educated and how much she liked looking at the courses available (starting at Key Stage 3) on the http://www.oxfordhomeschooling.co.uk/ website.
To cut the discussion right down, we have agreed that the 11+ will not happen now. Therefore, Grammar School not being a possibility. But, we did browse the website mentioned above again. Lillie is really keen to start the IT course. So, an application form was completed and sent off via the website. I received a call today about the application. However, with being at work, I had to explain I was unable to discuss it this morning with being on duty. Therefore, it was arranged with the lovely lady (Valerie) that she would call again on Friday afternoon. Lillie is delighted at this and says she really wants to get started asap.
Back to today - this afternoon, Lillie's fun continued with Anne-Marie, a lovely, mature, confident, caring and out-going young lady of 17 years, who lives about 15 doors down from us. I've seen her grow-up and am friends with her Mum. The girls both went up to Avery Hill park, played football, ate choc-chip muffins and were back home at the time I had stated for Lillie's dinner and bath reasons. They both had a great time and I managed to get the ironing done, dinner prepared and spoke with Louis during the two hours Lillie was out.
To end this post, I'm going back to yesterday. I forgot to mention in yesterday's blog posting that Lillie learnt two more very useful life skills. The first was with Dee, when a trip to the bank occurred. Lillie completed Dee's deposit form and counted out the money that was paid in. Lillie loves this kind of thing, then again I guess most children would enjoy being involved in such an activity, seeing as the majority like to role play at being just like grown-ups. Realistically speaking, it's inevitable most of the younger generation will have to do this type of thing when adulthood takes over from the teens, so why not let them help when young and when possible?
The second life skill Lillie learnt, was ordering our grocery shop online. Again, Lillie enjoyed doing so and even got to choose some goodies like she does when in a brick supermarket, especially when it came to ordering her chocolate, ice-cream and a pineapple! I can see these three ingredients becoming one big dessert over the weekend!
It's also been uplifting to hear such lovely things said to me about Lillie these past couple of days - I know such things are true where she is concerned and many other people have said the same things to me and often. However, the month of April especially brought some not so positive things said about Lillie. I don't mean in relation to her being bad behaved, more so to do with her academic progress and how she has coped with the loss of our beloved cat Rocco. I don't wish to go into any further detail because it wouldn't be appropriate. Furthermore, Lillie and I have happily moved forward now and enjoying the good times we're having again.
Tomorrow is already Thursday - this week has flown by and still lots to do yet before the week is out. Tomorrow includes Lillie going to Dee's and then Girls' Brigade in the evening. Of course the weekend starts Friday when I finish work. Lillie and I have planned eating out at Café Sol Friday evening after browsing round Greenwich Market. The rest of the weekend will involve visiting Lottie, some house jobs, catching up on last Saturday's Doctor Who and of course this Saturday's imminent episode, eating good food and of course some little treats! And not forgetting lots more smiles and plenty of giggles...
No comments:
Post a Comment